martedì 15 dicembre 2015

Things I have learnt in one and a half year on Instagram (plus something else)

Ah, this week...
All the courses and modules in this semester have come to an end, so this week I am completely free! Before you start thinking that's awesome!, please keep in mind that, for me, there is nothing as boring as having nothing to do and staying at home!
I have, then, decided to write a new post. Something funny, not serious! So here we are.
The subject I have chosen is Instagram, the popular, photo-based social networking service. 
For a long time I thought Instagram to be absolute rubbish; but then, some friends persuaded me, and I joined it in August 2014.
Almost one and a half year after opening my own profile, I can say I have learnt a thing or two about the people who populate such network. Some of them, like the enormous number of fake profiles, are pretty obvious. Others aren't.
Here are the funniest ones, according to me: (NO DISCRIMINATION INTENDED!)

  • As a social network, it doesn't offer much, in terms of actual communication between members, but still, some very good (amazing, actually...) friendships have started from there;
  • There is a huge number of people around my age who still have an interest in cars and racing, a lot more than I expected, but still less than the bloody hipsters (and then they wonder why I hate fashion...). Of those racing enthusiasts, the majority seem to be girls, which is not bad at all (unless you are a sexist twat);
  • Most of the above mentioned girls seem to be Swedish or, more generally, Scandinavian (other not bad thing);
  • There are people who look like they are kind of obsessed with my profile: they like every single thing I post, from beautiful landscapes to nerdy stuff, EVERYTHING! And they are girls, so...can it be that they are secretly in love with me? :D (one of them is 6 years younger than me, so I definitely hope NOT; the others...I have no idea!);
  • #throwbackthursday is a nice thing to me;
  • The algorithm they use to give you suggestions for the people to follow is RUBBISH, as it thinks I might be interested in following footballers, socialites like Kim Kardashian and, even worse, MALE FASHION BLOGGERS! Can't possibly find anything farther from my tastes and interests;
  • Last, but not least: those who kindly asked me to open an Instagram profile, promising that they would have followed me...well, they've been the first to ignore me! Okay.
Having discussed my Instagram experience, I would also like to talk a little about music: in the last few weeks, (too) many people in Italy have strongly criticised British singer Adele, whose new single, Hello, had just been released. It seemed as if, in those people's opinions, Adele had reached the lowest possible point, in terms of quality, in the whole of international music. First of all, I think that, while she is not my favourite singer and I do realise that her songs are not the happiest of them all, she is not as bad a singer as they want us to believe! To me, the lowest point in music has been reached by those extremely successful (an undeserved success, I believe) wanna-be rappers, the most influent of whom is the one who is also a judge on the Italian edition of The X Factor. If you are Italian, then you certainly know who I am referring to. If you are not, don't even bother: they REALLY are rubbish!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento