mercoledì 11 novembre 2015

Fjällbackamorden - a series worth watching

Last night, I found myself craving for something nice to watch. I haven't considered streaming, mostly because it takes, to me at least, more time to decide what to watch than the episode actually lasts! So I resorted to the TV set in the living room. And things weren't promising well...
First of all, my dad was keeping on watching idiotic documentaries on how household objects like brooms, chopping boards, even toilet seats, are made. I can't find anything interesting in that. No one else does, I suppose. Adding insult to injury, he thinks that all the crime thrillers that me and my mum like watching so much are crap and only an idiot can watch them. Said the man who thinks it's interesting to see how a toilet seat is made...
The alternative appeared to be a stupid (Yes, for real!) comedy show...that isn't funny at all!
But, luckily, I remembered that a channel belonging to an important and famous publisher, every Tuesday evening, is broadcasting Swedish thrillers! So I tuned on that. And, for the first time in my life, I saw an episode of Fjällbackamorden! The series is based on the novels written by Camilla Läckberg, which I liked very much! 

What makes, then, this series so nice to me? Well, the stories are fine, but the setting, the landscapes...those are simply amazing! 
As the name itself suggests, it is set in Fjällbacka, a small town on the western coast of Sweden, north of Gothenburg. The author was born there...such a lucky woman you are, Camilla!
It reminds me of another series I loved, Morden i Sandhamn, set on the island of Sandon, Stockholm archipelago, also based on a series of novels by Viveca Sten.
Next step? Going there and visiting those places, of course!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento