venerdì 30 ottobre 2015

Do I really look older than I actually am?

It happened again. Last night, another person, after seeing me for the first time, was struggling to believe that my actual age is, in fact, 21. So, how old are you? More than 25, I guess, she said. WHAT??????
NO, I AM JUST 21, was my answer. You're lying, was her reaction. Struggling myself not to eff her off, I closed the argument with a Need further proof? Here is my ID!
She refused.
CASE CLOSED.
Frankly, it's not uncommon to hear from strangers that I actually look older than my 21 years of age. In terms of personality, many people have always considered me quite a bit more mature than most of my classmates and people of my same age; I have, in fact, been kind of very serious and not very playful since my childhood (to make an example, I have always hated cartoons and watched documentaries and action films instead), but as far as looks are concerned, I looked exactly like a child of that age.
Now, though, in my early twenties...my seriousness is partly lost (but mostly, it's still there!), but why should one think I am at least 25 just by looking at me? Maybe I should stop worrying about that and look at the positive side of the thing: if I look older than 21, I probably also look wiser and more mature than the average 21-year old. And, considering what some people of my acquaintance have become, I wouldn't really mind if it were so! :D

In photo, me at the age of 9 months vs. 20 years old. Not that I have changed so much...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento