martedì 27 ottobre 2015

My relationship with foreign languages

My dear friends,
I am now here writing about foreign languages. Don't you think, however, that this is going to be some sort of linguistics lesson! I'm absolutely not qualified for that kind of things!
What I am qualified to talk about, however, is my personal experience with languages other than my native Italian. In my opinion, it is very important, for a young person at least, to embrace a global-minded philosophy which, predictably, implies the knowledge of at least one language other than their own native one. At the moment, I can speak two of them: English, which I have been studying for many years, and German, which I encountered later with much enthusiasm; and honestly, I am so enthusiastic about speaking German that I have chosen to do my Erasmus in Austria!
Of course, my nature says three languages aren't enough for you! You should do more!
Don't worry, I have already started to try learning some Swedish (coincidence? I think not!), which may or may not be useful in my future (I'm hoping for the former, by the way!), and my dream would be to learn Japanese as well, always for the sake of being a great fan of Japanese sports cars and visiting related events.
Of all the above mentioned languages, though, only one is worthy of a special mention, a mention as special as the relationship between me and that idiom; but that will be revealed tomorrow!
Pictured below: the Hohensalzburg fortress in Salzburg, Austria.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento