giovedì 22 ottobre 2015

Foggy weather (and its implications)

So...here we are, on a typical autumn day in Pavia! Many people joke about this fact, by saying that this town, as well as its surroundings, in this season, feel more like they are in England, rather than Italy! I must say that I have been to England twice: the first one in 2012, as part of a project endorsed by my secondary school, that involved spending a week of late September in the beautiful town of Winchester, Hampshire, attending language lessons and brief internships at local businesses: I had been placed in an estate agency, and liked it! Considering the season, the weather wasn't much worse than it usually is down here: rather cold, foggy, rainy; business as usual! The second time was in 2014: to attend the amazing Festival of Speed in Goodwood, West Sussex; an event I still fondly remember for a variety of reasons and I hope I'll be able to attend it again! It was the last week of June...but I wasn't really expecting to mostly have sun on the four days of the event! (A small sprinkle of rain came in the last day...While I was on my way to the hotel, so...)
Anyway, back to the lousy weather concerns: the thing I hate the most, when the weather's not good (and it happens often, down here...) is that EVERYONE WHO'S DRIVING LOSES THEIR MIND AND EVEN IF THEY HAVE HAD THEIR BLOODY LICENCE FOR THIRTY YEARS THEY STILL START DRIVING AS IF THEY WERE LEARNERS. And that annoys me.
It may be needless to say, but I am one of the few young people who still enjoy the pleasure of driving, regardless of the weather. Of course, I do realise that it is safe to reduce your speed if you drive under a downpour (and I always do so), but doing 60km/h on a road with a limit of 90, just because it's starting to pour? It's a bit excessive, don't you think?
That said, I have never experienced road rage incidents and always drive as safe as possible. 
Closing, here are a couple of photos of Pavia in the fog: quite a common sight to me, but if that's stopping you from visiting it...be aware that in my opinion, it's part of its charm (on the other hand, has anybody ever thought that London is an uninteresting place just because of its weather?)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento