venerdì 23 ottobre 2015

The pleasure of driving

As you might have spotted from yesterday's post, I am extremely proud of being one of the few remaining young people who still enjoy the pleasure of driving a car. According to my parents, as well as many other people who are at least a decade older than me, back in the olden days, the most eagerly awaited moment in a teenager's life was their eighteenth birthday, for the simple fact that it meant becoming an adult and, therefore, being able to apply for the driving licence.
Throughout the years, I've had the opportunity to see many sports and racing cars, but sadly, never had the opportunity to drive one. Clearly, I wouldn't miss it if anyone ever let me do so! What I can tell for sure, is that one of my favourite leisure activities, if not my very favourite one, is taking my car on a Sunday afternoon and going for a drive on the hills! I like that kind of roads, twisty, narrow, where all you need to have fun is a car that handles well, even without having much power! (Mine has less than 85hp, and it's a small hatchback, which is absolutely not meant to be a performance car in the first place!) That said, I can confirm that if I ever had the opportunity to attack a mountain road (pictured, Black Mountain Pass in Wales, UK) in my favourite rally car ever (early model Subaru Impreza WRC), even if it has quite a lot of power (around 300bhp, more than three times as much as I'm used to and with two more driven wheels)...It would really feel like heaven!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento